Dear applicants, the notice of acceptances will be sent by this Friday (12 May 2017).
DreamCatchers Medtech Hackathon Hong Kong is back! The only way to do it is “TO DO IT!” Let’s spend a week to demystify the process of healthcare innovation in Hong Kong.
How can we live longer and healthier? Healthy ageing relies on quality, cost-effective preventive care, relevant personalized health knowledge and behavioral change, and improved timely access to quality “sick care”. From AI-assisted screening to precision medicine, and remote sensing to assistive robotics, innovative MedTech solutions can enhance the quality of life for the ageing population and create immense social impact. However, innovating in health is challenging, requiring interdisciplinary teams of medical professionals, engineers, developers, and designers to tackle unmet needs.
Co-organised by the University of Hong Kong (HKU) and Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP), the DreamCatchers MedTech Hackathon Hong Kong 2017 will be led by Dr Robert Chang and team from Stanford University.
The week long hackathon is targeting students from Stanford University and Hong Kong universities, and young professionals from HKSTP to experience Stanford Biodesign methodologies, design thinking, business model canvas, and to work in interdisciplinary teams to come up with prototypes of sustainable healthcare solutions.
Theme: Enabling Medical Care Outside the Hospital
Date: June 18－25, 2017*
Venue: Hong Kong Science Park & The University of Hong Kong
Apply NOW if you have skills/training in engineering, medicine, design, software development, and/or business!
Online application: http://bit.ly/2o2rs1l
Application Deadline: 30 April, 2017
*Committed participants have to join for the whole session of 18 – 25 June , 2017
Highlights of Hackathon 2016 at http://mthackathon.info.
【創業】醫生策劃 專才合作 醫療科技創業料成趨勢
Who Should Apply?
– Talented minds who are keen to transform the healthcare products/services and with strong interests in entrepreneurship
– Graduate with bachelor degree or the above from Engineering, Computing, Medicine, Design, Business field
– Medical students OR current students with demonstrated maker movement skills may also apply
What to Expect ?
1. Close Encounter with physicians and patients to explore unmet needs at a hospital setting
2. Develop prototype on device / app / new tech / service / web service with immediate potential for clinical validation studies
3. Compete in interdisciplinary teams for a technically feasible, financially viable and novel digital health solution for unmet care needs at Queen Mary Hospital
4. Pitch your business plan to investors and esteemed entrepreneurs from HK, Mainland China and Silicon Valley to win the Grand Prize
18 June, 2017
19-20 June, 2017
Queen Mary Hospital
21-23 June, 2017
Ideation & Prototype Development
Brainstorm for creative solutions that can best address the identified need. Filtering to the most promising solution and develop prototype concept with 3D printer and other development tools.
24-25 June, 2017
Business Plan & Investment Pitch
Learn about financial modeling for healthcare products and develop the business model canvas that is compelling and sustainable. 6 minutes pitch competition in front of investors, entrepreneurs and medical professional
Don’t miss the chance to join the DreamCatchers MedTech Hackathon to come up with the next big thing!